How to Recognize the Beginning Depression
There is a wide number of depressions- alcoholic one, which develops as a result of the abstinence symptom or agitative one accompanied by the excitement on the edge of rampage. The other types of the depression are the asthenic, neurotic, cyclothymic which makes more than 59 different subtypes all in all. The masked depression is considered to be the most dangerous type which symptoms are implicit. It is usually manifested as the physical diseases that’s why it is often called a somatic depression. The person suffering from this subtype of depression tends to bear sometimes excrutiating pains and believes that they are the cause of his being depressed.
There is also such disorder as subdepression. The things don’t seem to be that bad but the state of the patient can be dangerous. The long term sluggish depressive state can lead to a serious mental disorder. It is very important to recognize the beginning depression as early as possible to prevent the consequences that may appear to be mind injurious.
The main symptom of the depression is the indifferent life attitude. The person in this state just goes with the flow taking no interest in the events happening in his life. The appearance of this person can say a lot about his or her mental state. Such person has a dull look of dry eyes, inexpressive mimics, slow movements. Due to the pale complexion this person looks extremely tired though he may have slept all day long. The speech is quiet and smooth with slight voice inflections usually sounding at the lower pitch level.
The depressive triad are the three basic symptoms of a beginning depression which let a psychiatrist diagnose a mental disorder.
- Akinesis is the ceasing of the physical activity, the slowdown of movements uo to the complete refusal to move.
- Abulia is the pathological state when a person doesn’t have any interest in the events of his or her life. The patients refuse to fulfill the actions required even if they are essential.
- Apathy is the constant bad mood, the total loss of the vital impulses, interests and the emotional reactions.
What symptoms can say about the beginning depression?
- The manifestation of the negative attitude towards the others
- Autoagressive behavior
- Suicidal thoughts and ideas
- Sleeping disorder
- Dwelling on the past problems and miseries
- Passive behavior and refusal to act
- Developing of the abnormal eating habits
The earlier the disorder is suspended the easier it can be treated. The light cases can be eased without drug medication. The timely help of a psychotherapist may have a good effect.